Dog Boarding Rockford, MN
When you’re leaving town, you don’t want to worry if your dog or puppy will be cared for properly. But once you’ve been introduced to GrandPAWS Place dog boarding in Rockford, MN this will no longer be an issue!
When you leave your dog at GrandPAWS your dog will be cared for, loved and played with just like they are when at home.
The GrandPAWS Place Difference
We pride ourselves on many things, but here are some of the ones that set us apart from the other dog services around:
- Cleanliness – Our indoor and outdoor areas are cleaned and disinfected daily, and our kennels always smell fresh and clean.
- Play & Activities – Your dog will get to spend time in our large, fenced in play areas. Your dog is out of its kennel and playing for most of the day. Our Play areas are always supervised and separated by dog size for safety.
- Hands-On – Your dogs will be loved and cared for the entire time they are at GrandPAWS facilities. We provide constant care, play time, supervision and interaction. Your dogs will be happy and tired when they leave!
- Family Owned – We are not a franchise. Our dog boarding customers from Buffalo, Monticello, and and the Twin Cities always say they love the family atmosphere of our dog boarding facility. Your dog is treated like a member of our family rather than a profit center like most chain dog care companies.
- Careful Screening – All dogs coming to stay at GrandPAWS Place are carefully checked before staying for flea and tick infestations. We also require all dogs be immunized before staying at out dog day care, kennels or play areas. Dogs must also not have a history of aggressiveness or biting.
- Transparency – We have an open door policy; nothing is hidden from view or hidden from customers. Stop by any time during our drop off hours, take a look around and see how our clean, friendly and happy our facilities and dogs are.
- Our Dog Loving Staff – GrandPAWS Place is dedicated to having the best dog boarding facility in the Twin Cities area. All of our staff is carefully screened to make sure that your dogs are only receiving the best, most loving care and attention.
Call for a Dog Boarding Reservation Today:
Make Your Reservation Online
Dog Grooming Rockford, MN
Grand Paws Place is offering a full line of grooming services in Rockford, MN for your dog. Grooming at GrandPAWS Place is the best way for your pet to end its fun stay with us, and is also a wonderful manner to get fresh and pampered.
Our Basic Bath
- cleaning of ears
- nail trim
- de-shed also available for an additional fee
Full Dog Groom
- de-shed also available for an additional fee
Give us a call today for an appointment or to check out our rates. We charge based on the size of your pet, cut, matting and amount of time needed for grooming.
Call for a Dog Grooming Reservation Today:
Make Your Reservation Online
Our Location and Directions from Rockford, Minnesota
We are conveniently located to the NorthWest of the Twin Cities in Buffalo, MN. You can easily get directions to our facility by clicking the directions button on the map below and entering where in Rockford, MN you are coming from.
Rockford, MN Community Information
GrandPAWS Place is proud to offer its dog boarding, kenneling and grooming services to the people of Rockford, Minnesota. We thought you might like to know a bit more about this interesting and vibrant community.
History of Rockford, MN
Two Illinois men by the name of George Ames and Joel Florida became the first settlers in an unnamed patch of land in 1855. Another settler by the name of Cyrus C. Jenks also arrived at the site at about the same time. He was from Rockford Illinois. After a short debate on what to name the township, the group finally settled on Jenk’s suggestion which was Rockford. The town was organized in 1858 and the city platted in the spring of 1857 while incorporation as a village achieved on November 21, 1881.
|Population density (sq mi)||1,617||67||91|
|Married (15yrs & older)||49%||58%||55%|
- The population density in Rockford is 2328% higher than Minnesota.
- The median age in Rockford is 13% lower than Minnesota.
- In Rockford 95.94% of the population is Caucasian.
- In Rockford 2.23% of the population is African American.
- In Rockford 0.64% of the population is Asian.
Rockford MN Cost of Living
|Cost of living index||102||102||100|
|Goods & Services index||108||106||100|
|Health care index||106||110||100|
In the event that the cost of living data was unavailable for this city, estimates based upon nearby cities were used. Each cost of living index is based on a national average of 100. If the amount is below 100, it is lower than the national average. If the amount is above 100, it is higher than the national average.
- The cost of living in Rockford is 1% lower than the Minnesota average.
- The cost of living in Rockford is 2% higher than the national average.
- The cost of housing in Rockford is 5% lower than the national average.
Schools in Rockford
The city belongs to the Rockford Area Schools Independent School District 883. The city has an elementary school for kids preschool to 4th grade and a middle school for grades 5 to 8 and a high school for grades 9 through 12. The emphasis of the elementary program is on the arts while the middle and high school focuses on technology. For the past 4 years, the high school has scored very well on mathematics, higher than the state average.
Places of Worship
The city is home to a number of faiths and churches. Here are some of them:
Our Father’s Lutheran Church
3903 Gilbert Avenue
Cross Lutheran Church
6001 Main Street
Rockford Baptist Church
8800 Elm Street (or County Rd 33)
United Presbyterian Church
6301 Maple Street
Rockford Jehovah Witness Church
6250 County Road 10
Christian Bible Church
8531 Linden Street
Businesses Based in Rockford, MN
The top employers in the city are:
- Rockford Public Schools Independent School District 883
- Wright Hennepin Coop Electric Association
- Divers iFoam Products
- Auto Chlor
- Diversified Remediation Controls
- Domino’s Pizza
- Rockford State Bank
Employment in the city has been steadily rising at a rate of 1.39% from 2,453 employees in 2014 to 2,487 in 2015. The most popular jobs are in the fields of administrative, management and food and serving.
Restaurants & Nightlife
Jimmy’s Pizza – Very homely place with custom ordering. Spaghetti and pizza are amazing. Check them out.
Green Rock Deli Restaurant – They serve amazing specials every day and with a good selection of mayo and sauces too. Food is fresh and made from scratch. The gluten-free grilled sandwich is top notch. Do also try the mozzarella veggie sandwich on ciabatta bread as well as the Colorado peach pie.
Bridge Street Café Restaurant – The outside of the restaurant is a bit austere but the inside looks like a classic small town café. While it may not be fancy the place is clean and the people very hospitable. The pancake, bacon and eggs are delicious. Open for breakfast and lunch only.
Fun Things to Do In Rockford, Minnesota
Riverside Park – it is the biggest community park in the city and is located along the north end of Main Street. The park has excellent walking paths with many picnic areas, a fishing pier and playground amenities for the kids. There are also volleyball courts as well as 12 horseshoe pits, ice skating and hockey rinks.
Kettenacker Park – Neighborhood Park located in the Autumn Oaks subdivision. There are newly installed playground amenities for kids.
Rockford River Days Medallion Clues – is a fun community activity where clues are scattered all around town to find the Rockford Medallion. Each day a clue is posted at 9 am for people to examine. Happy Hunting.
Dog Parks in Rockford MN
Lake Sarah Regional Dog Park — this is a 40 acre fenced dog park complete with benches, trees, restrooms and trails. It is an off-leash dog park.
Other dog friendly parks nearby include:
- Staring Lake Dog Park
- Carver Park Reserve Off-Leash Dog Park
- Edenvale Park Hockey Rink Dog Park
- Crow-Hassan Park Reserve
- Lake Orono Off Leash Dog Park
- Fish Lake Regional Park Dog Park
- Crestwood Park Hockey Rink Dog Park
- Long Lake Dog Park
- Watertown Dog Park
Rockford MN is a truly great place. If you are interested to know more about our dog boarding services here in Rockford, give us a call. We can’t wait to meet you.