Dog Boarding Plymouth, MN
When you’re leaving town, you don’t want to worry if your dog or puppy will be cared for properly. But once you’ve been introduced to GrandPAWS Place dog boarding in Plymouth, MN this will no longer be an issue!
When you leave your dog at GrandPAWS your dog will be cared for, loved and played with just like they are when at home.
The GrandPAWS Place Difference
We pride ourselves on many things, but here are some of the ones that set us apart from the other dog services around:
- Cleanliness – Our indoor and outdoor areas are cleaned and disinfected daily, and our kennels always smell fresh and clean.
- Play & Activities – Your dog will get to spend time in our large, fenced in play areas. Your dog is out of its kennel and playing for most of the day. Our Play areas are always supervised and separated by dog size for safety.
- Hands-On – Your dogs will be loved and cared for the entire time they are at GrandPAWS facilities. We provide constant care, play time, supervision and interaction. Your dogs will be happy and tired when they leave!
- Family Owned – We are not a franchise. Our dog boarding customers from Buffalo, Monticello, and and the Twin Cities always say they love the family atmosphere of our dog boarding facility. Your dog is treated like a member of our family rather than a profit center like most chain dog care companies.
- Careful Screening – All dogs coming to stay at GrandPAWS Place are carefully checked before staying for flea and tick infestations. We also require all dogs be immunized before staying at out dog day care, kennels or play areas. Dogs must also not have a history of aggressiveness or biting.
- Transparency – We have an open door policy; nothing is hidden from view or hidden from customers. Stop by any time during our drop off hours, take a look around and see how our clean, friendly and happy our facilities and dogs are.
- Our Dog Loving Staff – GrandPAWS Place is dedicated to having the best dog boarding facility in the Twin Cities area. All of our staff is carefully screened to make sure that your dogs are only receiving the best, most loving care and attention.
Call for a Dog Boarding Reservation Today:
Make Your Reservation Online
Dog Grooming Plymouth, MN
Grand Paws Place is offering a full line of grooming services in Plymouth, MN for your dog. Grooming at GrandPAWS Place is the best way for your pet to end its fun stay with us, and is also a wonderful manner to get fresh and pampered.
Our Basic Bath
- cleaning of ears
- nail trim
- de-shed also available for an additional fee
Full Dog Groom
- de-shed also available for an additional fee
Give us a call today for an appointment or to check out our rates. We charge based on the size of your pet, cut, matting and amount of time needed for grooming.
Call for a Dog Grooming Reservation Today:
Make Your Reservation Online
Our Location and Directions from Plymouth, Minnesota
We are conveniently located to the NorthWest of the Twin Cities in Buffalo, MN. You can easily get directions to our facility by clicking the directions button on the map below and entering where in Plymouth, MN you are coming from.
Plymouth, MN Community Information
GrandPAWS Place is proud to offer its dog boarding, kenneling and grooming services to the people of Plymouth, Minnesota. We thought you might like to know a bit more about this interesting and vibrant community.
History of Plymouth, MN
It was in the year 1855 that Plymouth’s development as a town occurred on the northwest shores of what is now currently known as Parkers Lake. By the end of the civil war the fledgling settlement now boasted a population of 1,074 with farming as the main mode of income.
Plymouth incorporated as a village on May 18, 1955. The city adopted the Council–Manager form of government on August 1, 1968. Plymouth became a statutory city on February 7, 1974. It remained a statutory city until voters opted to make it a home rule charter city by adopting a City Charter on November 3, 1992. The City Charter went into effect on January 1, 1993. The Charter continued the Council–Manager form of government, and increased the size of the City Council. Prior to the adoption of the Charter, the City Council was made up of five members elected at-large. The Charter increased the Council to seven members elected from four wards.
Based on the 2010 census, there were 70,576 people, 28,663 households, and 19,230 families residing in the city. The population density was 2,159.6 inhabitants per square mile (833.8/km2). There were 29,982 housing units at an average density of 917.4 per square mile (354.2/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 84.2% White, 5.2% African American, 0.3% Native American, 6.9% Asian, 1.0% from other races, and 2.3% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 3.0% of the population.
Plymouth MN Cost of Living
|In the event that the cost of living data was unavailable for this city, estimates based upon nearby cities were used. Each cost of living index is based on a national average of 100. If the amount is below 100, it is lower than the national average. If the amount is above 100, it is higher than the national average.|
|Cost of living index||119||103||100|
|Goods & Services index||110||107||100|
|Health care index||103||108||100|
- The cost of living in Plymouth is 16% higher than the Minnesota average.
- The cost of living in Plymouth is 19% higher than the national average.
- The cost of housing in Plymouth is 52% higher than the national average.
Schools in Plymouth
There are 5 school districts that serve Plymouth. Here is a list of public schools in the area.
- Birchview Elementary School
- Gleason Lake Elementary School (Plymouth / Wayzata, MN)
- Greenwood Elementary School
- Kimberly Lane Elementary School
- Oakwood Elementary School
- Plymouth Creek Elementary School
- Sunset Hill Elementary School
- Wayzata East Middle School
- Wayzata Central Middle School
- Wayzata West Middle School
- Wayzata High School
Private Schools and Colleges
- Association Free Lutheran Bible School and Seminary
- Fourth Baptist Christian School
- Central Baptist Theological Seminary
- Globe University/Minnesota School of Business
- Providence Academy
- West Lutheran High School
Places of Worship
Here is a list of some of the places of worship in the city:
- Clarity Church
- Mount Olivet Lutheran Church of Plymouth
- Plymouth Covenant Church
- Plymouth Creek Christian Church
- Beautiful Savior Lutheran Church
- Fourth Baptist Church
- Plymouth Apostolic Lutheran Church
- Plymouth Bible Chapel
- Plymouth Evangelical Covenant Church
- Wayzata Evangelical Free Church
Businesses Based in Plymouth, MN
Based on Plymouth’s 2014 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report,[the principal employers in the city are:
|#||Employer||# of Employees|
|1||Wayzata Public Schools||1,505|
|5||St. Jude Medical||800|
|7||City of Plymouth||571|
Other notable companies in the city include The Mosaic Company. Tonka Water and Select Comfort.
Restaurants & Nightlife
Rock Elm Tavern – Exceptional service, great meals. French onion soup is superb.
Pineda Tacos – great Mexican restaurant joint. Salsa bar is notable, freshly made and delicious.
Sakana Hibachi and Sushi – One of the best places to buy sushi in the Twin Cities.
Honey and Mackie’s – good place for ice cream, frozen yogurt and hotdogs.
India Palace Restaurant – Offers lunch buffet 7 days a week, superb Indian cuisine.
Fun Things to Do In Plymouth, Minnesota
French Regional Park – this is a superb family friendly park which offers swimming, fishing pier, lighted trails and a play area. They also rent out kayaks, canoes and paddleboards.
Sky Zone Indoor Trampoline Park – this is an indoor trampoline park that is fun for people of all ages. There are all kinds of packages available for adults and kids.
Plymouth Playhouse – is a small theater that is famous in the area for producing musical comedies.
Millennium Garden – this garden offers a variety of flower gardens, fountains, brick walkways, trails and a labyrinth
Dog Friendly Parks in Plymouth MN
The city offers 3 dog parks for pet lovers. There are two that is open all-year round and one seasonal park. The parks are designed in such a way that dogs can run free on the park land.
- Plymouth Dog Park (Year-Round)
- 4 Paws Dog Park (Year-Round)
- Happy Tails Dog Park (Seasonal), within hockey rink
The Plymouth Dog Park features a new fenced section for small dogs. The off-leash area is bordered by private property.
Plymouth MN is a truly great place. If you’d like to talk to us about your dog boarding needs in Plymouth, give us a call. We can’t wait to meet you.