Dog Boarding Otsego, MN
When you’re leaving town, you don’t want to worry if your dog or puppy will be cared for properly. But once you’ve been introduced to GrandPAWS Place dog boarding in Otsego, MN this will no longer be an issue!
When you leave your dog at GrandPAWS your dog will be cared for, loved and played with just like they are when at home.
The GrandPAWS Place Difference
We pride ourselves on many things, but here are some of the ones that set us apart from the other dog services around:
- Cleanliness – Our indoor and outdoor areas are cleaned and disinfected daily, and our kennels always smell fresh and clean.
- Play & Activities – Your dog will get to spend time in our large, fenced in play areas. Your dog is out of its kennel and playing for most of the day. Our Play areas are always supervised and separated by dog size for safety.
- Hands-On – Your dogs will be loved and cared for the entire time they are at GrandPAWS facilities. We provide constant care, play time, supervision and interaction. Your dogs will be happy and tired when they leave!
- Family Owned – We are not a franchise. Our dog boarding customers from Buffalo, Monticello, and and the Twin Cities always say they love the family atmosphere of our dog boarding facility. Your dog is treated like a member of our family rather than a profit center like most chain dog care companies.
- Careful Screening – All dogs coming to stay at GrandPAWS Place are carefully checked before staying for flea and tick infestations. We also require all dogs be immunized before staying at out dog day care, kennels or play areas. Dogs must also not have a history of aggressiveness or biting.
- Transparency – We have an open door policy; nothing is hidden from view or hidden from customers. Stop by any time during our drop off hours, take a look around and see how our clean, friendly and happy our facilities and dogs are.
- Our Dog Loving Staff – GrandPAWS Place is dedicated to having the best dog boarding facility in the Twin Cities area. All of our staff is carefully screened to make sure that your dogs are only receiving the best, most loving care and attention.
Dog Grooming Otsego, MN
Grand Paws Place is offering a full line of grooming services in Otsego, MN for your dog. Grooming at GrandPAWS Place is the best way for your pet to end its fun stay with us, and is also a wonderful manner to get fresh and pampered.
Our Basic Bath
- cleaning of ears
- nail trim
- de-shed also available for an additional fee
Full Dog Groom
- de-shed also available for an additional fee
Give us a call today for an appointment or to check out our rates. We charge based on the size of your pet, cut, matting and amount of time needed for grooming.
Our Location and Directions from Otsego, Minnesota
We are conveniently located to the NorthWest of the Twin Cities in Buffalo, MN. You can easily get directions to our facility by clicking the directions button on the map below and entering where in Otsego, MN you are coming from.
Otsego, MN Community Information
GrandPAWS Place is proud to offer its dog boarding, kenneling and grooming services to the people of Otsego, Minnesota. We thought you might like to know a bit more about this interesting and vibrant community.
History of Otsego, MN
Located in Wright County, Otsego got its name from Otsego County in New York. The area got organized into a township in 1858. The name Otsego is actually Native American which means “welcome to water” or an area or “place where meetings are done”. Over 400 acres was platted in May of 1857 and incorporation into village status in 1875. Incorporation into cityhood was achieved more than a hundred years later in 1990.
|Population density (sq mi)||482||67||91|
|Married (15yrs & older)||67%||58%||55%|
- The median age in Otsego is 10% lower than Minnesota.
- In Otsego 93.61% of the population is Caucasian.
- In Otsego 1.68% of the population is African American.
- In Otsego 1.00% of the population is Asian.
Otsego MN Cost of Living
|Cost of living index||106||102||100|
|Goods & Services index||108||106||100|
|Health care index||106||110||100|
In the event that the cost of living data was unavailable for this city, estimates based upon nearby cities were used. Each cost of living index is based on a national average of 100. If the amount is below 100, it is lower than the national average. If the amount is above 100, it is higher than the national average.
- The cost of living in Otsego is 4% higher than the Minnesota average.
- The cost of living in Otsego is 6% higher than the national average.
- The cost of housing in Otsego is 10% higher than the national average.
Schools in Otsego
The city is being served by the Elk River, Monticello and St. Michael-Albertville School Districts. There are six schools in Otsego, with Big Woods Elementary School garnering the highest points in terms of reviews.
Other Schools that serve the city are:
- Otsego Elementary School
- Rogers Elementary School
- Fieldstone Elementary School
- Michael-Albertville Middle East
- Monticello Middle School
- Michael-Albertville Middle West
- Rogers Middle School
- Elk River Senior High School
- Rogers Senior High School
- Monticello Senior High School
Places of Worship
The city is home to a number of faiths and churches. Here are some of them:
- Christ Lutheran Church
- Real Life Community
- Christ Church Otsego
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Imagine Church
- Bible Baptist Church
- Church of Saint Andrew
- Life in Christ Lutheran Church
- Life Gate Church
- New Life Community
- The Crossing Church
- Holy Trinity Episcopal Church
Businesses Based in Otsego, MN
The top employers in the city are:
- Riverwood Conference Center
- Otsego Elementary School
- Long Haul Trucking
- Rainbow Daycare & Preschool
- F&F Food Mart
- Darkenwald Inc.
- Bank of Elk River at Otsego
- Fun City
- Tom Thumb
- Lef Co Farm Inc
- Elk River Box Factory
- Apex Business Center
Employment rate at the city is on the rise at a rate of 2.62% from 7,703 employees in 2014 to 7,905 employees in 2015. Most common jobs are in sales, administrative and management.
Restaurants & Nightlife
Pour Wine Bar and Bistro Restaurant – This is by far the best restaurant in the city. The food is amazing especially the sirloin burger without a bun for those that are gluten sensitive. The arugula salad is also quite amazing. They also have a good craft beer selection. Do try the Lupulin Red.
Rockwoods Restaurant – They have a wonderful patio and the wood fired pizza is quite perfect for the ambience. They also have 5 and 6 dollar burgers that they grill right on the parking lot. Do check out the Rockwood burger and the grilled chicken Cobb salad.
Denny’s – As with any Denny’s restaurant, they serve pretty satisfying meals. Do check out the grand slamwich for breakfast as it is fabulous. Portions are always good and the staff very attentive.
Fun Things to Do In Otsego, Minnesota
Here are the city parks to enjoy a number of outdoor fun activities:
- Beaudry Meadows Park
- Frankfort Park
- Kittredge Park
- Lily Park
- School Knoll Park
- Zimmer Park
- Carrick Waterfront Park
- Northwood Park
- Norin Landing
The Otsego Prairie Festival – is a yearly event for the entire family. There will be lots of exhibitors, fun activities and all-around entertainment.
Ice Rinks – there are 2 ice rinks that are maintained by the city and both are at Prairie Park. Open from sunrise till 10 pm.
Archery Range – Located at the southwest corner of Prairie Park just west of the baseball fields.
Dog Parks in Otsego MN
Otsego Dog Park – this beautiful and well equipped dog park is situated in the southeast corner of Prairie Park. The dog park is enclosed by chain link fencing about four feet in height. The park’s dimensions are 100×200 and is home to a number of maple and oak trees. Water is available for the pets during the hot summer season. Operating hours are from sunrise till ten in the evening,
Otsego MN is a truly great place. If you are interested to learn more about our dog boarding services here in Otsego, give us a call. We can’t wait to meet you.