Dog Boarding Montrose, MN
When you’re leaving town, you don’t want to worry if your dog or puppy will be cared for properly. But once you’ve been introduced to GrandPAWS Place dog boarding in Montrose, MN this will no longer be an issue!
When you leave your dog at GrandPAWS your dog will be cared for, loved and played with just like they are when at home.
The GrandPAWS Place Difference
We pride ourselves on many things, but here are some of the ones that set us apart from the other dog services around:
- Cleanliness – Our indoor and outdoor areas are cleaned and disinfected daily, and our kennels always smell fresh and clean.
- Play & Activities – Your dog will get to spend time in our large, fenced in play areas. Your dog is out of its kennel and playing for most of the day. Our Play areas are always supervised and separated by dog size for safety.
- Hands-On – Your dogs will be loved and cared for the entire time they are at GrandPAWS facilities. We provide constant care, play time, supervision and interaction. Your dogs will be happy and tired when they leave!
- Family Owned – We are not a franchise. Our dog boarding customers from Buffalo, Monticello, and and the Twin Cities always say they love the family atmosphere of our dog boarding facility. Your dog is treated like a member of our family rather than a profit center like most chain dog care companies.
- Careful Screening – All dogs coming to stay at GrandPAWS Place are carefully checked before staying for flea and tick infestations. We also require all dogs be immunized before staying at out dog day care, kennels or play areas. Dogs must also not have a history of aggressiveness or biting.
- Transparency – We have an open door policy; nothing is hidden from view or hidden from customers. Stop by any time during our drop off hours, take a look around and see how our clean, friendly and happy our facilities and dogs are.
- Our Dog Loving Staff – GrandPAWS Place is dedicated to having the best dog boarding facility in the Twin Cities area. All of our staff is carefully screened to make sure that your dogs are only receiving the best, most loving care and attention.
Call for a Dog Boarding Reservation Today:
Make Your Reservation Online
Dog Grooming Montrose, MN
Grand Paws Place is offering a full line of grooming services in Montrose, MN for your dog. Grooming at GrandPAWS Place is the best way for your pet to end its fun stay with us, and is also a wonderful manner to get fresh and pampered.
Our Basic Bath
- cleaning of ears
- nail trim
- de-shed also available for an additional fee
Full Dog Groom
- de-shed also available for an additional fee
Give us a call today for an appointment or to check out our rates. We charge based on the size of your pet, cut, matting and amount of time needed for grooming.
Call for a Dog Grooming Reservation Today:
Make Your Reservation Online
Our Location and Directions from Montrose, Minnesota
We are conveniently located to the NorthWest of the Twin Cities in Buffalo, MN. You can easily get directions to our facility by clicking the directions button on the map below and entering where in Montrose, MN you are coming from.
Montrose, MN Community Information
GrandPAWS Place is proud to offer its dog boarding, kenneling and grooming services to the people of Montrose, Minnesota. We thought you might like to know a bit more about this interesting and vibrant community.
History of Montrose, MN
Located on the border between Marysville and Woodland Townships, the town was platted in 1878. Incorporation into a village was achieved in 1881. The village is situated on the Great Glacier Trail about 35 miles west of Minneapolis. The village got its name from the first settler, George M. Wright who named it from a town in Pennsylvania, his home state. Most businesses are located on Railroad Street during the early years. 1909 saw the establishment of the first Lutheran service in the village and in 1918, electric power was introduced.
|Population density (sq mi)||923||67||91|
|Married (15yrs & older)||52%||58%||55%|
- The median age in Montrose is 23% lower than Minnesota.
- In Montrose 99.25% of the population is Caucasian.
- In Montrose 0.00% of the population is African American.
- In Montrose 0.00% of the population is Asian.
Montrose MN Cost of Living
|Cost of living index||98||102||100|
|Goods & Services index||108||106||100|
|Health care index||106||110||100|
In the event that the cost of living data was unavailable for this city, estimates based upon nearby cities were used. Each cost of living index is based on a national average of 100. If the amount is below 100, it is lower than the national average. If the amount is above 100, it is higher than the national average.
- The cost of living in Montrose is 4% lower than the Minnesota average.
- The cost of living in Montrose is 2% lower than the national average.
- The cost of housing in Montrose is 17% lower than the national average.
Schools in Montrose
Montrose belongs to the Buffalo Hanover Montrose School District 877. The area covers 157 square miles with a population of 25 thousand residents and around five thousand students go to five separate elementary schools. There is a middle school ( grades 6-8 ) and a high school (grade 9-12) . There is also an alternative high school. New residents are advised to register their kids and should get in touch with Montrose’s personnel and administrative services office.
Places of Worship
The city is home to a number of faiths and churches. Here are some of them:
House of Grace Lutheran Church (ELCA)
Service Time – Sundays at 5:30 p.m.
Location – Montrose United Methodist Church (230 Center Avenue)
Phone – 612-532-3654 (Pastor Kimberly Buffie)
Mailing Address – P.O. Box 65, Montrose, MN 55363
Montrose United Methodist Church
Service Time – Sundays at 9:30 a.m.
Location – 230 Center Avenue
Phone – 763-675-3571
Mailing Address – P.O. Box 13, Montrose, MN 55363
St. Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran Church
Service Time – Sundays at 9:00 a.m.
Location – 310 Buffalo Avenue South
Phone – 763-675-3201
Mailing Address – P.O. Box 306, Montrose, MN 55363
Businesses Based in Montrose, MN
The top employers in the city are:
- Montrose Elementary School
- Stock Building Supply
- Great Northern Bar and Grill
- Knight Colors & Chemicals
- Jimmy’s Pizza
- MN Dept. of Natural Resources
- Canvas Works
- Citizen’s State Bank
- US Post Office
Employment has been steadily rising at a rate of 0.63% from 1,590 employees in 2014 to 1,600 employed individuals in 2015. The most common industries in Montrose MN by employee number are: manufacturing, health care, social assistance and retail trade.
Restaurants & Nightlife
Red’ s Café Restaurant – typical small town café with friendly service and great home cooked meals. They have a Sunday brunch buffet that is absolutely amazing. Do check out the home baked chicken, chicken fried steak and some great tasting pastries. The country fried steak with white gravy, two eggs and fries are absolutely amazing.
Jacque B’s Kitchen & Cocktails – another small town type restaurant with lots of healthy options on the menu and serve great desserts.
Lino’s Mexican Grill – nice little Mexican place with a homey atmosphere. Do try their tacos. Friendly service and amazing food.
Fun Things to Do In Montrose, Minnesota
Montrose is home to a number of parks.
Veteran’s Memorial Park
1st Street NW, CSAH 12 and Charity Lane
Playgrounds and Swing set
Garfield Avenue North and Hogan Drive
Open Space for Recreation
Near the Community Center in Central Montrose
Dog Friendly Parks in Montrose MN
Dog Friendly Parks in the city include:
- Thoreson Park
- Rolling Meadows Park
- Rock Brook Park
- Pheasant Hills Park
- Northridge Park and Community Gardens
- Lion’s Park
- Lent Park
Here are some of the dog friendly parks near Montrose MN
- Watertown Dog Park
- Lake Sarah Dog Park
- Lake Sarah Regional Park
- Crow Hassan Park Reserve
- Crow Hassan Off-Leash Dog Park
- Elm Creek Park Reserve
Montrose MN truly is a great place to live. If you are want to know more about our dog boarding services here in Montrose give us a call. We can’t wait to meet you.