Dog Boarding Monticello, MN
When you’re leaving town, you don’t want to worry if your dog or puppy will be cared for properly. But once you’ve been introduced to GrandPAWS Place dog boarding in Monticello, MN this will no longer be an issue!
When you leave your dog at GrandPAWS your dog will be cared for, loved and played with just like they are when at home.
The GrandPAWS Place Difference
We pride ourselves on many things, but here are some of the ones that set us apart from the other dog services around:
- Cleanliness – Our indoor and outdoor areas are cleaned and disinfected daily, and our kennels always smell fresh and clean.
- Play & Activities – Your dog will get to spend time in our large, fenced in play areas. Your dog is out of its kennel and playing for most of the day. Our Play areas are always supervised and separated by dog size for safety.
- Hands-On – Your dogs will be loved and cared for the entire time they are at GrandPAWS facilities. We provide constant care, play time, supervision and interaction. Your dogs will be happy and tired when they leave!
- Family Owned – We are not a franchise. Our dog boarding customers from Buffalo, Monticello, and and the Twin Cities always say they love the family atmosphere of our dog boarding facility. Your dog is treated like a member of our family rather than a profit center like most chain dog care companies.
- Careful Screening – All dogs coming to stay at GrandPAWS Place are carefully checked before staying for flea and tick infestations. We also require all dogs be immunized before staying at out dog day care, kennels or play areas. Dogs must also not have a history of aggressiveness or biting.
- Transparency – We have an open door policy; nothing is hidden from view or hidden from customers. Stop by any time during our drop off hours, take a look around and see how our clean, friendly and happy our facilities and dogs are.
- Our Dog Loving Staff – GrandPAWS Place is dedicated to having the best dog boarding facility in the Twin Cities area. All of our staff is carefully screened to make sure that your dogs are only receiving the best, most loving care and attention.
Dog Grooming Monticello, MN
Grand Paws Place is offering a full line of grooming services in Monticello, MN for your dog. Grooming at GrandPAWS Place is the best way for your pet to end its fun stay with us, and is also a wonderful manner to get fresh and pampered.
Our Basic Bath
- cleaning of ears
- nail trim
- de-shed also available for an additional fee
Full Dog Groom
- de-shed also available for an additional fee
Give us a call today for an appointment or to check out our rates. We charge based on the size of your pet, cut, matting and amount of time needed for grooming.
Our Location and Directions from Monticello, Minnesota
We are conveniently located to the NorthWest of the Twin Cities in Buffalo, MN. You can easily get directions to our facility by clicking the directions button on the map below and entering where in Monticello, MN you are coming from.
Monticello, MN Community Information
GrandPAWS Place is proud to offer its dog boarding, kenneling and grooming services to the people of Monticello, Minnesota. We thought you might like to know a bit more about this interesting and vibrant community.
History of Monticello, MN
Monticello is a small but vibrant community located near the Mississippi River and conveniently in between St. Cloud and the Twin Cities. The area was platted in 1854 and a post office established just a year after that. Incorporation was achieved in 1856. In 2006, the city celebrated its 150th anniversary. The city got its name from the Italian word for “little mountain.” The name was chosen because it is located at the foot of a small mountain.
|Population density (sq mi)||1,451||67||91|
|Married (15yrs & older)||61%||58%||55%|
- The average age in the city is 16% lower than Minnesota
- 54% of the population is Caucasian
- 88% of the population is African-American
- 57% of the population is Asian
Monticello MN Cost of Living
|Cost of living index||100||102||100|
|Goods & Services index||103||106||100|
|Health care index||113||110||100|
- Cost of living is 2% lower than the Minnesota average
- Cost of living is equal to the national average
- Cost of housing is 4% lower than the national average
In the event that the cost of living data was unavailable for this city, estimates based upon nearby cities were used. Each cost of living index is based on a national average of 100. If the amount is below 100, it is lower than the national average. If the amount is above 100, it is higher than the national average.
Schools in Monticello
The city is served by the Monticello High School with an estimated student population of 1,314. It is considered the 3rd biggest school in Wright County. It belongs to the Monticello School District in Independent School District 882.
Some of the other schools in the city are:
- Pinewood Elementary School
- Little Mountain Elementary School
- Monticello Extended School Year
- Monticello Middle School
Places of Worship
Here are some of the places of worship in the city:
- A Glorious Church
- Community United Methodist Church
- Faith Lutheran Church
- First Baptist Church of Monticello
- Quarry Community Church
- Resurrection Lutheran Church
- Saint Henry Catholic Church
- Peter Lutheran Church
- Trinity Lutheran Church
- Faith Family Life Center
- Alive Lutheran Mission
- Hope EFC of Monticello
- Iglesia del Pacto de Monticello
Businesses Based in Monticello, MN
The anticipation of huge population growth established a comprehensive growth plan for the city in 1996. A new high school was erected in 1999 and an interchange was completed in 2006 on the east end. Some of the businesses in the city are: Wal-Mart, Super Target Store, Home Depot, Marshall’s, Muller Family Movie Theatre, Fleet Farm, Dollar Tree and Applebee’s.
Restaurants & Nightlife
Bluestone Grill – One of the best places to get Chipotle as they have a homemade version with a twist. Do also try the chicken Parmesan that is quite delicious. Other recommendations are the chicken burrito bowl with rice and beans.
Cornerstone Café — This is the place to be if you are looking for some excellent home cooked meals. Food is amazing and the service is impeccable. They also have wine, beer and other liquor. Portions are great and the prices very affordable.
Pancho Villa Mexican Restaurant – The servings are quite generous and very tasty. Try the tortilla soup big enough to serve two people. Try the tacos and the steak fajita. Nice family atmosphere and kids eat for free.
Fun Things to Do In Monticello, Minnesota
Monticello is known for its extensive parks and pathway system. This includes 28 city owned and maintained parks and miles and miles of beautiful winding trails. The Lake Maria State Park, Montissippi Regional Park and the Henry Larsen Memorial Park are the biggest. Swan Park is quite a sight to see between December and March as around 2,700 trumpeter swans nest near Mississippi Drive in Monticello.
Dog Friendly Parks in Monticello MN
There are currently no off-leash dog parks in Monticello at the moment. However there are nearby parks can accommodate your pets. These are: Crow-Hassan Park Reserve, Lake Orono Off Leash Dog Park and Lake Sarah Regional Park.
Monticello MN truly is a great place If you would like to know more about our dog boarding services, give us a call. We can’t wait to meet you.