Dog Boarding Minnetonka, MN
When you’re leaving town, you don’t want to worry if your dog or puppy will be cared for properly. But once you’ve been introduced to GrandPAWS Place dog boarding in Minnetonka, MN this will no longer be an issue!
When you leave your dog at GrandPAWS your dog will be cared for, loved and played with just like they are when at home.
The GrandPAWS Place Difference
We pride ourselves on many things, but here are some of the ones that set us apart from the other dog services around:
- Cleanliness – Our indoor and outdoor areas are cleaned and disinfected daily, and our kennels always smell fresh and clean.
- Play & Activities – Your dog will get to spend time in our large, fenced in play areas. Your dog is out of its kennel and playing for most of the day. Our Play areas are always supervised and separated by dog size for safety.
- Hands-On – Your dogs will be loved and cared for the entire time they are at GrandPAWS facilities. We provide constant care, play time, supervision and interaction. Your dogs will be happy and tired when they leave!
- Family Owned – We are not a franchise. Our dog boarding customers from Buffalo, Monticello, and and the Twin Cities always say they love the family atmosphere of our dog boarding facility. Your dog is treated like a member of our family rather than a profit center like most chain dog care companies.
- Careful Screening – All dogs coming to stay at GrandPAWS Place are carefully checked before staying for flea and tick infestations. We also require all dogs be immunized before staying at out dog day care, kennels or play areas. Dogs must also not have a history of aggressiveness or biting.
- Transparency – We have an open door policy; nothing is hidden from view or hidden from customers. Stop by any time during our drop off hours, take a look around and see how our clean, friendly and happy our facilities and dogs are.
- Our Dog Loving Staff – GrandPAWS Place is dedicated to having the best dog boarding facility in the Twin Cities area. All of our staff is carefully screened to make sure that your dogs are only receiving the best, most loving care and attention.
Dog Grooming Minnetonka, MN
Grand Paws Place is offering a full line of grooming services in Minnetonka, MN for your dog. Grooming at GrandPAWS Place is the best way for your pet to end its fun stay with us, and is also a wonderful manner to get fresh and pampered.
Our Basic Bath
- cleaning of ears
- nail trim
- de-shed also available for an additional fee
Full Dog Groom
- de-shed also available for an additional fee
Give us a call today for an appointment or to check out our rates. We charge based on the size of your pet, cut, matting and amount of time needed for grooming.
Our Location and Directions from Minnetonka, Minnesota
We are conveniently located to the NorthWest of the Twin Cities in Buffalo, MN. You can easily get directions to our facility by clicking the directions button on the map below and entering where in Minnetonka, MN you are coming from.
Minnetonka, MN Community Information
GrandPAWS Place is proud to offer its dog boarding, kenneling and grooming services to the people of Minnetonka, Minnesota. We thought you might like to know a bit more about this interesting and vibrant community.
History of Minnetonka, MN
The origin of the city’s name came from the Dakota word for water or “Minne” and “tonka” which means great. The city has a long and storied history going back to the 1850s where the 1st settlement began. At the time, the area was known as sacred ground for Native Americans. Most of the settlers came from New England, other parts of Minnesota and from the Czech Republic. Incorporation to cityhood was achieved in 1968.
|Population density (sq mi)||1,892||67||91|
|Married (15yrs & older)||63%||58%||55%|
- The average age in Minnetonka is 19% higher than Minnesota
- 18% of the population is Caucasian
- 28% of the population is African-American
- 62% of the population is Asian
Minnetonka MN Cost of Living
|Cost of living index||119||102||100|
|Goods & Services index||108||106||100|
|Health care index||106||110||100|
- Cost of living is 16% higher than Minnesota
- Cost of living is 19% higher than the national average
- Cost of housing is 52% higher than the national average
Schools in Minnetonka
The city is served by the Hopkins School District, Minnetonka School District and the Wayzata School District
- Clear Springs Elementary
- Groveland Elementary
- Scenic Heights Elementary
Junior High School
- Minnetonka Middle School East
- Minnetonka Middle School West
Senior High School
- Minnetonka High School
- Accel Academy
- Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic School
- Minnetonka Christian Academy
Places of Worship
The city hosts 20 churches from different faiths and congregations.
- Adath Jesherun Congregation
- Bet Shalom Congregation
- The Mills Church
- Minnetonka Seventh Day Adventist Church
- Faith Presbyterian Church
- Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish
- Minnetonka Lutheran Church
- Oak Knoll Lutheran Church
- Ridgewood Church
- Slavic Baptist Church of Transfiguration
- Paul Lutheran Church
Businesses Based in Minnetonka, MN
Some of the city’s top employers include:
- United Health Group
- Emerson Process Management
- Starkey Laboratories
- Minnetonka Public Schools
- The corporate HQ of Carlson Companies
- Jude Medical
Among these companies, Cargill is known to be the biggest privately owned corporation in the US based on revenue.
Restaurants & Nightlife
BLVD Kitchen & Bar Restaurant — Amazing food and service and very generous portions on each meal. Do check out the Chipotle Salmon Burger as well as the Herb Chicken Sandwich.
Bacio Restaurant – This is an amazing place for almost any occasion. They have an excellent selection of everything such as salads, flatbreads, entrees and the fish is always cooked to perfection. The Parmesan Shrimp is a must try.
Gold Nugget Tavern and Grille Restaurant – This is a local favorite best known for the burgers with a side order of cheese curds. They serve great beer and the service is always amazing.
Fun Things to Do In Minnetonka, Minnesota
The city maintains 5 community parks and 44 neighborhood parks. There are lots of places to enjoy your favorite sporting activities.
Minnetonka Civic Center – check out some music, films and theater performances in a picturesque setup. All events are free to the public.
Minnehaha Creek – this is a 22 mile long tributary that passes through Minnetonka, Hopkins and Saint Louis Park. Perfect for boating and fishing activities.
Bryant Lake Regional Park – features an 18-hole disc golf course, recreational areas with beach and boating amenities.
Dog Friendly Parks in Minnetonka MN
Here are some of the dog friendly parks located in and near the city of Minnetonka:
- Purgatory Park
- Lone Lake Park
- Flying Cloud Dog Park
- Big Willow Park
- Jidana Park
- Bryant Lake Regional Park
- Bryant Lake Dog Park
- Bennett Family Park
- Kinsel Park
- Edenvale Park
- Lake Minnetonka Regional Park
- Lake of the Isles Dog Park
- Dakota Park Off-Leash Park
- Bassett Creek Dog Park
Minnetonka MN truly is a truly great place. If you’d like to talk to us about your dog boarding needs in Minnetonka, give us a call. We can’t wait to meet you.