Dog Boarding Medina, MN
When you’re leaving town, you don’t want to worry if your dog or puppy will be cared for properly. But once you’ve been introduced to GrandPAWS Place dog boarding in Medina, MN this will no longer be an issue!
When you leave your dog at GrandPAWS your dog will be cared for, loved and played with just like they are when at home.
The GrandPAWS Place Difference
We pride ourselves on many things, but here are some of the ones that set us apart from the other dog services around:
- Cleanliness – Our indoor and outdoor areas are cleaned and disinfected daily, and our kennels always smell fresh and clean.
- Play & Activities – Your dog will get to spend time in our large, fenced in play areas. Your dog is out of its kennel and playing for most of the day. Our Play areas are always supervised and separated by dog size for safety.
- Hands-On – Your dogs will be loved and cared for the entire time they are at GrandPAWS facilities. We provide constant care, play time, supervision and interaction. Your dogs will be happy and tired when they leave!
- Family Owned – We are not a franchise. Our dog boarding customers from Buffalo, Monticello, and and the Twin Cities always say they love the family atmosphere of our dog boarding facility. Your dog is treated like a member of our family rather than a profit center like most chain dog care companies.
- Careful Screening – All dogs coming to stay at GrandPAWS Place are carefully checked before staying for flea and tick infestations. We also require all dogs be immunized before staying at out dog day care, kennels or play areas. Dogs must also not have a history of aggressiveness or biting.
- Transparency – We have an open door policy; nothing is hidden from view or hidden from customers. Stop by any time during our drop off hours, take a look around and see how our clean, friendly and happy our facilities and dogs are.
- Our Dog Loving Staff – GrandPAWS Place is dedicated to having the best dog boarding facility in the Twin Cities area. All of our staff is carefully screened to make sure that your dogs are only receiving the best, most loving care and attention.
Call for a Dog Boarding Reservation Today:
Make Your Reservation Online
Dog Grooming Medina, MN
Grand Paws Place is offering a full line of grooming services in Medina, MN for your dog. Grooming at GrandPAWS Place is the best way for your pet to end its fun stay with us, and is also a wonderful manner to get fresh and pampered.
Our Basic Bath
- cleaning of ears
- nail trim
- de-shed also available for an additional fee
Full Dog Groom
- de-shed also available for an additional fee
Give us a call today for an appointment or to check out our rates. We charge based on the size of your pet, cut, matting and amount of time needed for grooming.
Call for a Dog Grooming Reservation Today:
Make Your Reservation Online
Our Location and Directions from Medina, Minnesota
We are conveniently located to the NorthWest of the Twin Cities in Buffalo, MN. You can easily get directions to our facility by clicking the directions button on the map below and entering where in Medina, MN you are coming from.
Medina, MN Community Information
GrandPAWS Place is proud to offer its dog boarding, kenneling and grooming services to the people of Medina, Minnesota. We thought you might like to know a bit more about this interesting and vibrant community.
History of Medina, MN
First settlers in Medina arrived in 1855. In 1858, County Commissioners provided the city with an official designation, as “Hamburg Township” but local residents preferred the name “Medina” after the Arab holy city of the same name, which was in the news that same year. On 11 May 1858, 37 residents met in the home of Valorius Chilson and voted unanimously to change the name.
Medina’s early European settlers were chiefly German, Irish and French-Canadian and had names still common in Medina, like Scherer and Reiser; Mooney and Crowe; Hamel and Fortin. The first generations tended to group according to their language ties and to help each other through the long hard winters.
Townships were always divided into 36 sections, each consisting of a square mile. This meant that the City of Excelsior extended beyond the north shore of Lake Minnetonka to Medina’s southern border. Excelsior’s northern residents tolerated this inconvenience until 1868, when Excelsior’s north shore residents voted to become a part of Medina. This expanded Medina to over 50 square miles.
The Hamel area of Medina was plotted as a City as early as 1879, but its efforts to incorporate failed, in part, because of the complication of straddling the borders of both Medina and Plymouth. The town might have been called Lenz after Leander Lenzen, who built a mill on Elm Creek and set up a post office in the name of Lenz in 1861. But, when the Lange Hamel family gave land to the railroad for the train depot in 1884 they asked that it be called “Hamel,” and the name took root. To this day, people call this area of Medina, Hamel.
At the time of the 2010 Census, Medina had a population of 4,892 people. This makes Medina the county’s 25th most populous community.
The population of Medina represents 0.09% of the total population of Minnesota (which has 5,303,925 people), making it the state’s 147th most populous community.
With a 2010 count of 4,892 people, the population of Medina increased 22.15% from the 2000 Census (that had a count of 4,005 people).
Taken from the 2014 Census Estimates, Medina had a population of 5,668 people. This is an increase of 15.86% since the 2010 Census (or an increase of 41.52% since the 2000 Census)
The City of Medina had a population of 5,665 as of July 1, 2015.
Medina MN Cost of Living
Medina cost of living index
|In the event that the cost of living data was unavailable for this city, estimates based upon nearby cities were used. Each cost of living index is based on a national average of 100. If the amount is below 100, it is lower than the national average. If the amount is above 100, it is higher than the national average.|
|Cost of living index||146||103||100|
|Goods & Services index||110||107||100|
|Health care index||103||108||100|
- The cost of living in Medina is 42% higher than the Minnesota average.
- The cost of living in Medina is 46% higher than the national average.
- The cost of housing in Medina is 141% higher than the national average.
Schools in Medina
There are 4 school districts located in the City. The schools are split between the Minneapolis Public School District, The Osseo Public School District, Robbinsdale and Bloomington respectively.
- The Goddard School
- Holy Name of Jesus School
Places of Worship
Here are some of the places of worship in and around the city of Medina
- Woodridge Church
- 3 Rivers Church of Medina
- Hope Bridge Church
- Anne Catholic Church
- Holy Name of Jesus Catholic Community
- Laestadian Lutheran Church
Businesses Based in Medina, MN
Here are the some of the businesses located in the city of Medina:
- Polaris Industries
- Hennepin County
- First Financial Merchant Services
- Macs Plus
- Nordgren Automotive
- Medina Gift Company
- North Star Mattress
- Rivers End Trading Co.
- Metal Wood Card
- Farmers Insurance
- Adam’s Pest Control
- 212 Technology Inc
Restaurants & Nightlife
Peg’s Countryside Café – serves amazing omelette dish that is cooked to perfection
Oak Eatery – quiet area to relax and enjoy sandwiches, salads and soups.
Jimmy’s Pizza – family pizza place, where people know everyone including the owner by name.
Robert’s – very unassuming place attached to a bowling alley but serves a wide range of menu options.
Countryside Café – small diner that offers great food and service
Fun Things to Do In Medina, Minnesota
Visit the Baker National golf course for a good round of fun with friends and family. The course is well kept, picturesque and quite challenging for a public golf course. Located in the heart of the Baker Park Reserve, this 210-acre golf course features practice areas, a driving range, the 9-hole Evergreen Executive Course, and the nationally recognized 18-hole Baker National Championship Course. There is also a lot of teaching and junior golf played at the facility.
Art 2 Heart is one of the most popular places in the city to purchase unique gift items. The proceeds go to a variety of causes. They offer gifts ranging from baby items to unique giveaways that grandma would surely enjoy. They stock merchandise ranging from funky wire art to statement art hand made in Haiti from oil drums and everything in between
The city offers a trail system that features a combination of city, county, regional and private trails to enjoy nature. County trails are located along CR 24 and CR 19 and also include an extensive multi-use trail system within the Morris T. Baker Regional Park Reserve.
Dog Friendly Parks in Medina MN
Here are some of the dog friendly parks around Medina MN
- Elm Creek Reserve Dog Park
- Bloomington Dog Park
- Bryant Lake Regional Dog Park
- Staring Lake Dog Park
- Bassett Creek Dog Park
- Carver Park Reserve Off-Leash Dog Park
- Lake of the Isles dog Park
- Eden Vale Park Hockey Rink Dog Park
- Savage Dog Park
- Crow-Hassan Park Reserve
- Lake Sarah Regional Dog Park
- Carlson dog Park at Cedar Knoll Park
Medina MN truly is a truly great place. If you’d like to know more about our dog boarding services give us a call. We can’t wait to meet you.