Dog Boarding Maple Grove, MN
When you’re leaving town, you don’t want to worry if your dog or puppy will be cared for properly. But once you’ve been introduced to GrandPAWS Place dog boarding in Maple Grove, MN this will no longer be an issue!
When you leave your dog at GrandPAWS your dog will be cared for, loved and played with just like they are when at home.
The GrandPAWS Place Difference
We pride ourselves on many things, but here are some of the ones that set us apart from the other dog services around:
- Cleanliness – Our indoor and outdoor areas are cleaned and disinfected daily, and our kennels always smell fresh and clean.
- Play & Activities – Your dog will get to spend time in our large, fenced in play areas. Your dog is out of its kennel and playing for most of the day. Our Play areas are always supervised and separated by dog size for safety.
- Hands-On – Your dogs will be loved and cared for the entire time they are at GrandPAWS facilities. We provide constant care, play time, supervision and interaction. Your dogs will be happy and tired when they leave!
- Family Owned – We are not a franchise. Our dog boarding customers from Buffalo, Monticello, and and the Twin Cities always say they love the family atmosphere of our dog boarding facility. Your dog is treated like a member of our family rather than a profit center like most chain dog care companies.
- Careful Screening – All dogs coming to stay at GrandPAWS Place are carefully checked before staying for flea and tick infestations. We also require all dogs be immunized before staying at out dog day care, kennels or play areas. Dogs must also not have a history of aggressiveness or biting.
- Transparency – We have an open door policy; nothing is hidden from view or hidden from customers. Stop by any time during our drop off hours, take a look around and see how our clean, friendly and happy our facilities and dogs are.
- Our Dog Loving Staff – GrandPAWS Place is dedicated to having the best dog boarding facility in the Twin Cities area. All of our staff is carefully screened to make sure that your dogs are only receiving the best, most loving care and attention.
Dog Grooming Maple Grove, MN
Grand Paws Place is offering a full line of grooming services in Maple Grove, MN for your dog. Grooming at GrandPAWS Place is the best way for your pet to end its fun stay with us, and is also a wonderful manner to get fresh and pampered.
Our Basic Bath
- cleaning of ears
- nail trim
- de-shed also available for an additional fee
Full Dog Groom
- de-shed also available for an additional fee
Give us a call today for an appointment or to check out our rates. We charge based on the size of your pet, cut, matting and amount of time needed for grooming.
Our Location and Directions from Maple Grove, Minnesota
We are conveniently located to the NorthWest of the Twin Cities in Buffalo, MN. You can easily get directions to our facility by clicking the directions button on the map below and entering where in Maple Grove, MN you are coming from.
Maple Grove, MN Community Information
GrandPAWS Place is proud to offer its dog boarding, kenneling and grooming services to the people of Maple Grove, Minnesota. We thought you might like to know a bit more about this interesting and vibrant community.
History of Maple Grove, MN
Located in the north central portion of Hennepin County, the location of the City of Maple Grove was once the home of the Winnebago Indians who were transferred from Wisconsin to Maple Grove because the Federal Government announced that the area was uninhabited at the time. All this changed when in 1851, Louis Gervais and Pierre Bottineau arrived and began to stake their claim on the land. Other settlers like W.E. Evans, Harvey Abel, Patrick Defer and O.R. Champlin were already settled prior to 1855. All were allowed to buy their claims at the fair market value.
Town meetings were held in private residences from 1858 until 1863, when the first town hall was purchased. In 1877, the town supervisors ordered the construction of a new town hall and sold the original structure to the highest bidder for $23.00. The new building served as the town hall until 1939, when it was leveled by a tornado. The third town hall was constructed and still stands today, being used as a community building. The town board, consisting of three members, governed Maple Grove until 1954, when the town became incorporated into a village. In 1974 Maple Grove became a city. A new town hall was constructed on a site just north of the original town hall. The first city council meeting was held in the new building on August 4, 1975. The current Government Center opened its doors in October 2000.
Maple Grove today continues to be a vibrant and growing community in the Twin Cities. It is quite known for its public parks and trail system with a wide selection of shopping and dining spots. There is a wide selection of seasonal events like the Farmers Market, Town Green outdoor performance area and many more.
|Population density (sq mi)||1,973||67||91|
|Married (15yrs & older)||67%||58%||55%|
- The median age in Maple Grove is 2% higher than Minnesota.
- In Maple Grove 87.04% of the population is Caucasian.
- In Maple Grove 3.78% of the population is African American.
- In Maple Grove 6.61% of the population is Asian.
Maple Grove MN Cost of Living
Maple Grove cost of living index
|In the event that the cost of living data was unavailable for this city, estimates based upon nearby cities were used. Each cost of living index is based on a national average of 100. If the amount is below 100, it is lower than the national average. If the amount is above 100, it is higher than the national average.|
|Cost of living index||114||103||100|
|Goods & Services index||110||107||100|
|Health care index||103||108||100|
- The cost of living in Maple Grove is 12% higher than the Minnesota average.
- The cost of living in Maple Grove is 14% higher than the national average.
- The cost of housing in Maple Grove is 37% higher than the national average.
- Minnesota general sales tax is 35% higher than the national average.
- Minnesota state income tax is 141% higher than the national average.
Schools in Maple Grove
The City of Maple Grove is served by two school districts namely:
Osseo ISD 279 and Wayzata IS 284.
Maple Grove Senior High School is the only public high school located within the city. Fernbrook Elementary School opened in the fall of 1988. The superintendent is Kate Maguire. A portion of Maple Grove is also served by Wayzata Public Schools. Other schools in Maple Grove include Heritage Christian Academy and Cedarcrest Academy, both private schools.
Places of Worship
There are a number of places of worship in the city. Here is a list of churches:
- Advent Lutheran Church
- Christ’s Community Church
- Elm Creek Community Church
- Grace Free Lutheran Church
- Harvest Bible Chapel West Minneapolis
- Jehovah’s Witnesses
- Church of the Open Door
- Joseph The Worker Catholic Church
- Victory Baptist Church
- Hindu Society of Minnesota
Businesses Based in Maple Grove, MN
The city of Maple Grove is home to more retail stores than nearly any other city in Minnesota, second only to Bloomington.
Top Employers include:
- Boston Scientific Corporation – Medical Research Facility and Medical Equipment Manufacturer
- Tiller Corporation and C.S. McCrossan – Gravel mining
- The Shoppes at Arbor Lakes – retail
- The Fountains at Arbor Lakes – retail
- Great River Energy Headquarters
- Osseo ISD 279
- Wayzata IS 284
- North Memorial/Fairview Hospital Complex
Restaurants & Nightlife
There are a number of notable bars and restaurants located in and around this vibrant community. Some of the most notable according to Tripadvisor are:
Pittsburgh Blue Restaurant & Steakhouse – offers the best steaks in the city. Great Service. The Rib steak and Sea Bass are popular choices. Truly outstanding meals.
Biaggi’s Ristorante Italiano Restaurant — Quiet and nicely decorated with a low profile atmosphere, this restaurant offers one of the best Italian cooking in the city. Staff is always attentive and courteous and guests are seated quickly the moment they walk in the door.
3 Squares Restaurant – if you are looking for French toast that has a hint of lavender in it then this restaurant is the place to go to. The chilaquiles are to die for and they have gluten free options for folks that require special dietary needs. Great food, service and staff.
Malone’s Bar & Grill Restaurant – If you are looking for a place where the locals hangout then Malone’s is where you go to for a night out of fun and drinks. There is always a large crowd on a typical night. Menu options are broad and there is tap beer to enjoy.
Fun Things to Do In Maple Grove, Minnesota
- 50 vendors who bring their own fresh produce and a wide variety specialty products every week
- Ready to eat snacks and treats
- Credit/debit/EBT accepted
- Live music every Thursday (thru September)
- Free weekly recipes highlighting market products
- Loyalty programs
- Power of Produce Kids Club
- Master gardeners (3rd Thursday of the month)
- Donations of fresh market produce for CROSS Food Shelf accepted weekly
- Lots of free parking
Maple Grove Arboretum
This is a beautiful 15-acre park along Elm Creek. It features over 100 local, hardy trees for study and exhibit. Trails lead to Rice Lake and the Medicine Lake Regional Trail. The Arboretum is also the site for the Angel of Hope Statue.
Located at 7991 Main Street N this park has an emphasis on creative art performances. Plus, it’s a great location to relax and smell the flowers, read a book or take a walk around the lake. Sections of the park can also be reserved for your private outdoor party.
Dog Friendly Parks at Maple Grove
Currently there are 3 off-leash dog parks located in the city. Here are some of the dog friendly parks in and near Maple Grove MN
- Elm Creek Reserve Dog Park
- Elm Creek Park Reserve
- Fish Lake Regional Park Dog Park
- Staring Lake Dog Park
- Bassett Creek Dog Park
- Carver Park Reserve Off-Leash Dog Park
- Minnehaha Dog Park
- Lake of the Isles Dog Park
- Brookdale Park Off Leash Dog Park
Maple Grove MN truly is a great place. If you’d like to talk to us about your dog boarding needs in Maple Grove, give us a call. We can’t wait to meet you.