Dog Boarding Elk River, MN
When you’re leaving town, you don’t want to worry if your dog or puppy will be cared for properly. But once you’ve been introduced to GrandPAWS Place dog boarding in Elk River, MN this will no longer be an issue!
When you leave your dog at GrandPAWS your dog will be cared for, loved and played with just like they are when at home.
The GrandPAWS Place Difference
We pride ourselves on many things, but here are some of the ones that set us apart from the other dog services around:
- Cleanliness – Our indoor and outdoor areas are cleaned and disinfected daily, and our kennels always smell fresh and clean.
- Play & Activities – Your dog will get to spend time in our large, fenced in play areas. Your dog is out of its kennel and playing for most of the day. Our Play areas are always supervised and separated by dog size for safety.
- Hands-On – Your dogs will be loved and cared for the entire time they are at GrandPAWS facilities. We provide constant care, play time, supervision and interaction. Your dogs will be happy and tired when they leave!
- Family Owned – We are not a franchise. Our dog boarding customers from Buffalo, Monticello, and and the Twin Cities always say they love the family atmosphere of our dog boarding facility. Your dog is treated like a member of our family rather than a profit center like most chain dog care companies.
- Careful Screening – All dogs coming to stay at GrandPAWS Place are carefully checked before staying for flea and tick infestations. We also require all dogs be immunized before staying at out dog day care, kennels or play areas. Dogs must also not have a history of aggressiveness or biting.
- Transparency – We have an open door policy; nothing is hidden from view or hidden from customers. Stop by any time during our drop off hours, take a look around and see how our clean, friendly and happy our facilities and dogs are.
- Our Dog Loving Staff – GrandPAWS Place is dedicated to having the best dog boarding facility in the Twin Cities area. All of our staff is carefully screened to make sure that your dogs are only receiving the best, most loving care and attention.
Dog Grooming Elk River, MN
Grand Paws Place is offering a full line of grooming services in Elk River, MN for your dog. Grooming at GrandPAWS Place is the best way for your pet to end its fun stay with us, and is also a wonderful manner to get fresh and pampered.
Our Basic Bath
- cleaning of ears
- nail trim
- de-shed also available for an additional fee
Full Dog Groom
- de-shed also available for an additional fee
Give us a call today for an appointment or to check out our rates. We charge based on the size of your pet, cut, matting and amount of time needed for grooming.
Our Location and Directions from Elk River, Minnesota
We are conveniently located to the NorthWest of the Twin Cities in Buffalo, MN. You can easily get directions to our facility by clicking the directions button on the map below and entering where in Elk River, MN you are coming from.
Elk River, MN Community Information
GrandPAWS Place is proud to offer its dog boarding, kenneling and grooming services to the people of Elk River, Minnesota. We thought you might like to know a bit more about this interesting and vibrant community.
History of Elk River, MN
Elk River is located in Sherburne County, Minnesota approximately 34 miles northwest of Minneapolis. It is situated at the meeting of the Mississippi and Elk Rivers. The city has been dubbed as the “Energy City” since 1997 when the Minnesota Environmental initiative selected it from 30 other cities vying for the title.
In 1851, Ard Godfrey, a native of Orono, Maine, saw the potential of the water power of the Elk River and built a dam and sawmill. His dam created the first lobe of Lake Orono (called the Mill Pond), which extended from the present day dam to Orono Cemetery Point. In 1855, the area by the dam was platted and the town of Orono (known as Upper Town) was created.
In the latter half of the 19th century, agriculture replaced lumber as the base of Elk River’s economy. Grist mills and a starch factory, which took advantage of the potato fields to the west, were built.
The Orono-Elk River area continued to grow until by 1860 it had reached a population of 723 people. These early settlers typically came from New England. Elk River’s population continued to grow following a slow period caused by the civil war. The majority of people moving to Elk River by that time were from Northern Europe.
By 1870, Elk River swelled to a population of 2,050 and became the county seat in 1872. Around this same time, the railroads replaced the rivers as the main focus of transportation and the Lower Town (the present day historic downtown area) replaced Upper Town as the focus of commerce.
The Orono Dam was destroyed by an ice storm in 1912, but hydropower gave a new incentive to dam the Elk River in 1915. This new dam created the four lobes of Lake Orono as we know it today. In 1916, the Village of Elk River received electricity for the first time. The entire township of Elk River would not get electricity until after World War II.
In 1974, the village of Elk River changed to the City of Elk River by 1978 the township was consolidated with the city to establish one unit known as the City of Elk River today.
Energy plays a major role in the life of Elk River residents. The first rural nuclear powered plant went online in 1960 as Great River Energy’s (GRE) site in Elk River. By the 1980s, the plant was converted to burn refuse-derived fuel. This innovative method helped the city to become popularly known today as “Energy City.” By the 1990s, Elk River and Sherburne County were considered as two of the fastest growing corridors in the state and in the country. This population growth and the area’s high commuter rate factored into the ultimate approval and implementation of the Northstar Commuter Rail service from Minneapolis to Big Lake, which began service on November 16, 2009.
Elk River MN Cost of Living
|In the event that the cost of living data was unavailable for this city, estimates based upon nearby cities were used. Each cost of living index is based on a national average of 100. If the amount is below 100, it is lower than the national average. If the amount is above 100, it is higher than the national average.|
|Cost of living index||106||103||100|
|Goods & Services index||110||107||100|
|Health care index||103||108||100|
- The cost of living in Elk River is 4% higher than the Minnesota average.
- The cost of living in Elk River is 6% higher than the national average.
- The cost of housing in Elk River is 10% higher than the national average.
- Minnesota general sales tax is 35% higher than the national average.
- Minnesota state income tax is 141% higher than the national average.
Schools in Elk River
Elk River is served by three 9th to 12th high schools, Elk River High School, Ivan Sand Community School and Spectrum High School, and two middle schools, Salk Middle School and Vanden Berge Middle School, both of which serve 6th to 8th grades. Lincoln Elementary, Parker Elementary, Meadowvale Elementary and Twin Lakes Elementary serve kindergarten to 5th grade. Elk River is also served by a private school. Paid for mostly by parishioners, St. Andrew’s Catholic School currently teaches Kindergarten through 5th Grade. Elk River is home to Spectrum High School, a charter school. The main building serves 7-12th grade, with a separate 6th grade campus.
- Solid Rock Christian Academy
- Spectrum High School
- Andrew’s Catholic School
Places of Worship
Here is a list of churches in the city:
- Abiding Savior Lutheran Church
- Burns Evangelical Free Church
- Central Lutheran Church
- Cornerstone Baptist Church
- Elk River United Methodist Church
- Holy Trinity Episcopal Church
- Emmanuel Lutheran Church
- Gateway Church
- Holy Trinity Episcopal Church
- Living Waters Church
- Lord of Glory Lutheran Church
- River of Life
- Saint John Lutheran Church
- Twin Lakes Christian
- Alliance Community Church
Businesses Based in Elk River, MN
The top 3 industries in Elk River, MN are retail & wholesale trade, health care, and travel, hospitality & tourism, while permanent jobs are the most searched for type of job. The companies offering the most jobs in Elk River, MN are Care.com, Allina Health, and McDonald’s.
Some of the top employers in the city include:
- Great River Energy
- Sportech Inc.
- Tescom Corporation
- E & O Tool and Plastics
- Cretex Inc.
- Acromix Machinery
- Faribault Foods Beverage Inc.
- Gentra Systems Inc
- Plaisted Co
Restaurants & Nightlife
McCoy’s Pub – this is a wonderful downtown place to enjoy great food and drinks. Has a casual vibe and very friendly atmosphere. Nice place to relax and have a good conversation over a couple of beers.
Boondox – one of the best places to get hamburgers in the city. They offer you what size you want the burger to be and how you would prefer it to be done. Great prices on food and a nice beer selection. Tuesday nights are Bingo so be ready for some fun and excitement with the locals.
The Caddyshack Bar & Grille – Offers super tasty food and delicious drinks. Try out their salads, sandwiches, burgers and appetizers. Must try – Juicy Lucy.
Fun Things to Do In Elk River, Minnesota
There are a number of fun activities to engage in Elk River. Aside from having a small town appeal, its proximity to the Twin Cities and St. Cloud makes Elk River a truly vibrant community. The city has two golf courses, Pinewood Golf Course, a municipal nine-hole course and the Elk River Country Club, an 18-hole course. The Elk River arena offers skating to kids and adults. There is also the Spring and Fall Arts and Crafts Fair, an arena walking track and lots of amenities for seniors too.
There are 44 parks totaling 800 acres of land that residents and visitors can enjoy.
Dog Parks at or Near Elk River MN
Here are some of the dog parks at or within a 20 mile radius of Elk River MN. There is one off-leash park located in the city.
- Lake Orono Off Leash Dog Park
- Elm Creek Reserve Dog Park
- Brookdale Park Off Leash Dog Park
- Crow Hassan Park Reserve
- Iron Horse Dog Park
- Lake Sarah Regional Dog Park
- Bassett Creek Dog Park
- Victory Prairie Dog Park
- Elm Creek Park Reserve
- Fish Lake Regional Park Dog Park
Elk River MN truly is a truly great place. If you’d like to know more about our dog boarding services give us a call. We can’t wait to meet you.